Contract for Repairs to Bindon Abbey Ruins
Closing Date: 10th Sep 2018
Masonry Repairs and soft wall capping of remaining high level masonry of Bindon Abbey
Programme: site work September – October 2018
Contract value above £70,000
Conservation Contractors skilled in the use of lime mortars and consolidation of masonry to apply
Outline job requirements
- To remove all damaging vegetation and root systems within high walls
- To reinstate all fallen masonry currently on scaffold
- To re-bed top stones, ensuring structural integrity of upper levels – providing suitably flat surface where applicable for soft wall capping.
- To deep pack and point, surface point as required on faces to ensure longevity of Monument
- To instate soft wall capping at high level following all masonry repairs.
- To consolidate and conserve in a way which will enable the removal of the scaffolding on completion of the works
Expressions of interest to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10AM 10th September 2018.