Green Policy and Sustainability at Durdle Door Holiday Park
Located in a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with direct access to the World Heritage Jurassic Coast and the famous geological landmark of Durdle Door and two pristine shingle beaches; the Management Team and staff at Durdle Door Holiday Park recognize the direct or indirect effects the business may have on the surrounding environment and strive to reduce any harm caused by the following measures:
- Recycling bins provided for glass and DMR (Dry Mixed Recycling) for plastic bottles, plastic film, cardboard, paper, newspapers, steel and aluminum cans. All our guests and caravan owners are encouraged to use these facilities.
- Waterless urinals installed in the men's showers to reduce water consumption.
- Monitoring energy consumption regularly to identify any leaks or problems.
- Lighting in the refurbished shower/toilet block is movement censored. Some of the outside lighting is motion sensor, whilst others are operated on timers to come on/go off according to daylight.
- All new caravans are fitted with energy efficient light bulbs and other lights are replaced with energy saving light bulbs when necessary.
- Unused appliances are turned off at night and when not in use.
- Environmental friendly cleaning materials are used where possible.
- We buy recycled paper and send emails whenever possible.
- We bulk in buy whenever possible to reduce transport pollution.
- Reception can offer details of all public transport and walk maps.
- We provide bike hire with maps.
We would ask you to support us by:
- Suggesting areas of improvement via the Visitors Survey (found in your Welcome pack or at Reception).
- Switch off lights, TV's and electrical appliances when not in use.
- Remember to switch off the outside light on your caravan.
- Close doors and windows when using heating.
- Make use of the recycling facilities around the site.
- Enjoy the beautiful outdoors and experience the local cycle routes and stunning walks (the South West Coast path is right on the door step!).
Durdle Door Holiday Park is committed to the continuous improvement in Environmental Management, to the benefit of us all and for future generations to come.