How your Car Parking fees are spent...
The Lulworth Estate is a large and diverse business and is responsible for the management, care and maintenance of 120 kilometers of footpaths and over 1,000 acres of land open to the public.
As a visitor to Lulworth Cove and Durdle Door, we ask that you contribute towards the cost of maintaining the beautiful coastline and facilities in the way of a parking fee. Your car park fee plays an important part in contributing towards the cost of providing:
- Dedicated and Permissive footpaths
- Gates, stiles and sign posts for walkers and to keep our visitors safe
- The Lulworth Ranger service, who are responsible for the education and landscape management functions of the Estate
- Lulworth Cove facilities and maintenance
- A Responsible Tourism programme
- The Lulworth Grassland Project - an Estate-funded ecological project to maintain the diversity of natural habitats at Lulworth ensuring the protection and enhancement of our flora and fauna
- The education of 1000's of school children each year
With your help we are able to protect and sustain this valuable environment for the enjoyment of families who live and work here, visitors and for future generations.
We often hold volunteer days where we encourage members of the public to support the work we do on the Estate. If you would like to get more involved in one of our organised days, visit our events section of the web site, or alternatively contact one of our Rangers on 01929 400155 for details of any forthcoming dates.